Thursday, January 3, 2019

THE RAINBOW CONNECTION






We have seen numerous rainbows on our Dream Retirement Cruise-this is just the latest from West Palm Beach. It was a nice way to begin one of our last days here, sipping away on our morning coffee and enjoying the view from our cockpit. As I sat there Kermit’s rendition of the song “The Rainbow Connection” kept running through my mind. When I googled the lyrics I was pleasantly surprised with how it reflected many thoughts and memories of our trip. 


Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side



Rainbows are visions
But only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide










What's so amazing
That keeps us stargazing
And what do we think we might see




Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers, and me




I wokeup the other morning to this beautiful sky. The moon, some stars and a beautiful cloud formation. I am an early riser but David likes to sit up on the deck at night gazing at the stars. Either way we enjoy watching the sky. 


Who said that every wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star




Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
And look what it's done so far





It looks like our wish to go to the Bahamas may not happen after all. Our initial plan to get to Key West by Christmas was seriously delayed, and we are now thinking we can enjoy the Keys and then take our time heading back home. Views and days like this are what we really are dreaming of. 





Have you been half asleep?
And have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name




Is this the sweet sound
That called the young (old) sailors?
The voice might be one and the same




I've heard it too many times to ignore it
It's something that I'm supposed to be




Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me





Happy 45th anniversary to us, December 29. The lovers and dreamers!







2 comments:

  1. Wow, Happy Anniversary !!! Truly living the dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. I'd say you've found more than one great thing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete