Wednesday, December 26, 2018

DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR?




The sounds of our trip south are difficult to explain. From the quiet, peaceful nights in private anchorages, the gentle slapping of the waves on the hull, to the early morning tooting of train horns and the power boats flying by us on the ICW, the noises and sounds of nature and life are all around us. 


DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR?


The bridge tender saying, “Obsession,  all clear.”





Tali and Cloe exclaiming, “Pops and Grams are here!”







Festive Music from the cruise ship spreading good cheer.





Heavy rain and winds all night, I fear. 







GRUNT, GROAN. “We’re  just working on the engine, dear.”





DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE? 


So many of you comment on the pictures I share. I am so pleased that you enjoy my blog and the pictures. I can only take some credit though. My iPhone is my camera, and it’s always by my side. That being said, I have missed some great shots because I want to enjoy the moment. I can only hope that these pictures will jog my memory of that time. 


 

Bridges opening for me




A special Christmas Tree





Someone who needs a dinghy





Peanut Island for all to enjoy and see





Christmas Eve soup and grilled cheese





A gas generator to provide extra electricity




And a clean bottom to help us travel with more speed





Even Cosmo has his own tree





We have learned a lot on this trip. A lot about ourselves, our strengths and weaknesses, our hopes and dreams. We have learned much about this great country we live in, and the beautiful, yet fragile Atlantic Coastline.  We have learned how to use new navigation and weather apps on our iPhones and iPad. And, last, but not least, are the people we have come to know. It has been the trip of a lifetime, and there is much more to hear, see and come to know. 


DO YOU KNOW WHAT I KNOW?


That we’d meet friends of old?







It’s up-it’s flying! Kerplunk, OH NO!





A road trip is good for the soul






These bridges don’t charge tolls





Christmas in Florida means NO SNOW






The Bahamas could be our new goal




And the sunsets never get old. 




Some stars, some lights, shining in the night

Obsession Constellation shines ever so bright 

It will bring us goodness and light. 







HAPPY NEW YEAR

FROM

JANICE AND DAVID

ON BOARD

OBSESSION 




6 comments: