TOP TEN REASONS TO LIVE IN THE
CONDO THIS WINTER
10. DIFFERENT CUISINE:
SOUP-chicken soup, kale soup, minestrone soup, sausage soup, mushroom soup beef barley soup-cuz it smells so good
ROAST CHICKEN DINNERS-mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, squash, green beans, creamed onions AND cranberry sauce-cuz it smells so good
TOAST-(ok-so I COULD have a toaster on board, but it makes a mess and takes up space) . English muffins, raisin bread, bolos, plain old white bread-cuz it smells so good
POT ROAST-my very favorite meal. And it smells soooo good!
A little different from boat food-a lot of seafood and burgers or steak on the grill.
DISHWASHER-no more dishpan hands or paper plates
Sometimes the dishes pile up in the sink
waiting for the maid.
WASHER/DRYER-just 13 steps away. No quarters needed.
What would we do without these prescription bottles?
8. ICE CUBES-unlimited, with the push of a button
Now, that's an ICE CUBE!
7. SHOWERS-Hot and long
The shower on Obsession
6. SPACE-so David and I can be more than 42’ from each other
Main salon of Obsession. We each "own" a side of the table.
5. KING SIZE BED-that doesn't move
The brochures for the Catalina 42 say it's a queen-I buy double size sheets for it. Just sayin'!
4. SNOW-that gets shoveled/plowed by someone else so we can sit inside by the fire and enjoy it
The dock during a snowstorm Last year at NHHM
3. DECORATING-Snow Village here we come!
2. EXERCISE ROOM-so next summer I can wear a bikini and David can wear a speedo (NOT!)
NO PICTURE! (Maybe next spring)
1. CHRISTMAS DINNER-with family at the condo
We are dockside at Borden Light Marina in Fall River until November 1 when our condo will be ready for us. The decision to cancel our trip wasn't an easy one to make, but we are even more determined to make the ICW trip happen next year. I'll post a blog reporting on the past month’s travels and events later this month and also record our November trip by CAR to the Chesapeake area that we would have traveled this fall on Obsession.