Tuesday, February 5, 2019

I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE



Don't you know that I heard it through the grapevine

Not much longer would you be mine


(There’s an audio/video link at the 

end of the blog. So you can sing along. )


Yes. Yes. Obsession is officially listed for sale. We are not abandoning our Dream Retirement Cruise yet.   Our thinking is we will continue our trip back home to Newport.  If, along the way she sells then we will deal with it, if not, we still have a summer to enjoy her in Newport, Cuttyhunk and Block Island. The dates for the fireworks in Block Island (July 3), Newport, (July 4) Cuttyhunk (August 3) and Oak Bluffs are already in our calendar.  Maybe a summer of no worries is in our future. No new installations (freezers), no new upgrades (exhaust elbows), no new fixes (macerators, bilge pumps). Wouldn’t that be nice? 





Oh I heard it through the grapevine

Oh I'm just about to lose my mind

Honey, honey yeah





We’ve spent some time enjoying Key West with Marge and George, playing tourist, being part of a boating community and doing exactly what we had hoped to do, sit back, relax and enjoy some down time in a comfortable warm setting. We have enjoyed the famous Key West Key Lime Pie, the early bird Happy Hours, some great music (Motown being one of our favorites) and glorious sunsets. We are looking forward to meeting up with Melvin and Michelle on Belle again too.  We plan to head back to Marathon around Feb. 15 for a few weeks  where we hope to see Danny Villagoza, Addison and Pat Chan and maybe Peggy and Tom Perrotto. 


Here’s a few highlights of our past week or so. 























I know a man (boat) ain't supposed to cry

But these tears I can't hold inside

Losin' you would end my life you see

'Cause you mean that much to me





Obsession has been a joy to us and many others who have traveled with us whether on board or from afar. She’s been a comfortable home, a traveling vehicle (albeit slow) to many beautiful harbors, waterways and destinations. She has and will forever hold a very special place in our hearts.  I know I will have a tear or two in my eyes the day we say good bye to her as I did the day we said good bye to Obsession 29. 

 





http://youtu.be/l0nyFuKGc5w


















2 comments:

  1. Love Key West, have to get back there. Surprised about the boat - what's next ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite sure. But probably land based travel and possibly some cruises where we dont have to do the planning sailing, navigating and cooking!

    ReplyDelete