Friday, March 25, 2016

Getting Closer


Today we spent considerable time at the condo downsizing in preparation for our trip south.  I actually threw away my winter coat -I've had it since 1988.  It was hard to do, but even if we come back to New England for a visit this winter, I think I can get away with my leather coat. Or...maybe it's about time I bought a new one?  David, on the other hand, was able to say "good-bye" to many long sleeve shirts and sweaters that he won't need.  Along the way we found some pictures of us sailing and enjoying Obsession 42 the first summer we owned her (We have owned 3 boats called Obsession - a C&C 29, a Catalina 36 and now a Catalina 42).

Engine update - the rebuild should be finished soon and re-installation within the next week or so. (fingers crossed).  Other work on the stuffing box and propellor shaft will be completed too.  David is also designing a helm seat that will become a project for his students at BP Tech.  Electrical upgrade is in process and new canvas, dodger, bimini and enclosure have been ordered. 

He's happy cuz we're sailing -
he has a winch handle i his hand -
and we are healing and there is wave action off our stern.

We still love our wine and rum, and each other!

One of the Danbury Mint Lighthouses from my collection.
SANDY HOOK Lighthouse
We will certainly be seeing this on our trip south.




No comments:

Post a Comment