Sunday, June 3, 2012

Meet Cosmo and Zin

This summer my blog will not be written in the first person, but from the point of view of our two companions, Cosmo and Zin. They are Lalapaloopsa dolls, originally bought for my granddaaughter Payton, but when I noticed that Cosmo was "born" on September 19, I immediately knew he was meant for me. You can see from the picture that he is a unique Pirate, with an eye patch, and dressed in clothes made from an "authentic" pirate flag. He has been observing us these past few months, watching and learning and listening as we were preparing Obsession for the summer season. He has a lot to share. His parrot friend, Zin, being considerably smaller and more portable, will serve as a substitute blogger when circumstances dictate that Cosmo can't accompany us. Plus, he will offer a different perspective and distinctive dialect to the blog. Their names? You have to ask how I named them? Well, just to be clear-Zin for the White Zinfandel wine I drink, (house wine on Obsession) and Cosmo for my favorite cocktail-Cosmopolitan.

2 comments:

  1. You need to point out that your daughter named cosmo! lol Love it and can't wait to read about their experiences on the boat. I recall all my firsts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to meet Cosmo + Zin in person aboard Obsession. I can't wait to hear their voices. I know that Cosmo, if he is like most pirates, will keep much of what he hears + sees close to his vest but I am a bit concerned that his sidekick could prove to be a blabber mouth. Marge

    ReplyDelete